06 March 2017

Odetta 1961 Got so carried away listening to one of her songs when I was at Portsmouth Abbey that I decided to charge the wall in the common room with a push broom. Jousting knight. Don't ask. What I didn't understand was that the dorm being a DU or Dwelling Unit built during the war, why I don't know, but it had beaverboard wall, basically loosely compressed paper. The handle of the broom easily went through the two layers of the wall. The other thing I didn't know was that Father Stephen's bed was right on the other side of the wall and he was at that moment enjoying an afternoon nap and was a little surprised when the handle quickly passed across his belly and just as quickly disappeared. It was kind of hard to calm him down. How was I to know that you couldn't run into the wall ?

No comments: