05 June 2017

ANITA SARKO when haoui & i were in hong kong w/ "no entiendes", i passed by a room at the club we were performing in & saw all these people singing horrid songs to a tape machine. i asked what it was & bought one. i was going to install it in Todd. the night we got back Haoui & I went to Nell's where i told rubell about the machine. he told me hey we're closing Todd, so Haoui & I decided to just do it ourselves. Jimmy Lee found us a Chinese restaurant (Lotus Blossom) that was actually a hangout for the Chinese heroin kingpins. their social club was downstairs. we presented the first karaoke night ever, i believe, outside the Asian community. It was called Gaijin Karaoke. "Gaijin" is a very derogatory term for "foreigner". we later moved to MK. a LOT of famous people warbled (like a drunken Matt Dillon doing the Sinatra songbook in between getting blow jobs). end of history lesson Like · Reply · 4 · June 15, 2015 at 1:03pm RHONDE CORTE I actually did karaoke with Anita Sarko at Lotis Blossom... Anita do you remember? We sang When You Walk Through a Storm from Carousel!! Like · Reply · 3 · June 15, 2015 at 3:56pm ANITA SARKO Wow...no! I only recall singing once because I am NOT a singer. It was "Don't Say Nothin' Bad About My Baby" because the song is actually sung by the backup vocalists. I recall Gavin Friday & Willner Hal singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" at around 4AM one night when we moved to MK. It was EPIC & they both appeared to be "feeling no pain" (as my mom used to say). But Rhonda, if you say we did this, I'll accept that!
Like · Reply · 2 · June 15, 2015 at 11:22pm

No comments: