28 June 2017

Not all abusers get away. Sometimes silence is broken and exposed as the most fragile of things when someone steps forward with enough courage to end it. On July 28, 2016, police reported that 14-year-old Bresha Meadows had used her father’s gun to shoot him in the head as he slept on the couch in their family’s home. The young girl’s mother, Brandi Meadows, immediately called Bresha a “hero,” stating that her deceased husband, Jonathan Meadows, had subjected her and her children to years of torture and abuse. Brandi’s claims, though corroborated by a 2011 report and her fleeing the relationship with her three children in tow, have been contested by her deceased husband’s family. Back then, she wrote in the report, “In the 17 years of our marriage he has cut me, broke my ribs, fingers, the blood vessels in my hand, my mouth, blackened my eyes. I believe my nose was broken.” She continued, ”If he finds us, I am 100 percent sure he will kill me and the children.”

https://www.bitchmedia.org/article/fragility-silence/unlearning-childhood-secrecy-and-breaking-chains-adult-life

No comments: